Model number: FPEKROMB
Internet number (SKU): 206151093
Availability: in stock
Kings Rombos 17-5/8 in. x 17-5/8 in. Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile (11.1 sq. ft. / case) - Product information
Old-world European elegance radiates from the Merola Tile Kings Rombos 17-5/8 in. x 17-5/8 in. Ceramic Floor and Wall Tile. Save time and labor spent arranging smaller square tiles and instead install these durable ceramic slabs, which have four 8-3/4 in. squares separated by scored grout lines. The defining feature of this encaustic-inspired tile is the unique, low-sheen glaze. The union of symmetrical lines converging in the center and a diamond pattern are offset by the pattern in the center, an alluring combination of white diamonds that radiate from the center, all in muted black and white. There are 4 different variations available that are randomly scattered throughout each case. Designed by interior architect and furniture designer Francisco Segarra, this tile is a true reflection of vintage industrial design. Imitations of scuffs and spots that are the marks of well-loved, worn, century-old tile bring rustic charm to your interior. These rustic scuffs and spots convince that this tile is truly aged. The scored grout lines can be grouted with the color of your choice, or left ungrouted for a rugged finish.
California residents: see
Proposition 65 information
- 11.1 square feet, 5 pieces per case. Case weight is 50.8 lbs.
- Grade 1, first-quality ceramic tile for floor and wall use
- 17.63 in. width x 17.63 in. length x 0.42 in. thick
- Glazed slightly textured finish with a low sheen and moderate variation in tone
- P.E.I. Rating IV has high resistance to abrasion and is suitable for heavy-duty residential and commercial kitchens, hotels, exhibition and sales rooms with some dirt conditions
- Semi-Vitreous flooring has water absorption of more than 3% but less than 7% for indoor use
- C.O.F. greater than .50 is recommended for standard residential applications and is marginally skid resistant. Indoor use
- Not frost resistant
- Commercial and residential use
- Learn how to get a Lifetime Warranty by using Custom Building Products from The Home Depot. Visit www.homedepot.com/CBP
- Don't forget your coordinating trim pieces, grout, backerboard, thinset and installation tools
- All online orders for this item ship via parcel ground and may arrive in multiple boxes
- It is recommended you purchase a minimum of 10% overage to account for design cuts and patterns
- Each line item within an order will be selected from a single dye lot (color) and caliber (size), but multiple orders can result in receiving multiple dye lots and/or calibers; please ensure that all tile for a project is obtained within 1 order
Rated 4 out of
Gorgeous vintage style tile
Beautiful tile. Order waaaaay more than you need. We ordered 8 boxes and 3 of the 8 where chipped. We were able to use some of the chipped ones, but had i not read another review I probably wouldn't have ordered enough. I just love it though.
Date published: 2018-05-10
Rated 4 out of
fromAmazingly Awesome Looking!These are wonderful. Very rustic and the edges have a worn look, so they hide a lot of 'debris' if you don't have time to sweep every week. With small children, that is a plus. They are comfortable to sit or walk on and so unusual--outstanding design! They almost have an old black chalkboard quality.
I would love to do these in my own house, rather than my daughters, but am afraid of the same situation--hers were so broken in the boxes when they received them, that they had no whole ones left over. They were shipped with no packing material what-so-ever. (Otherwise, I would have given them a 5 star. One would think that such an expensive tile would have been wrapped up nicely.
Here's a photo of the partially finished kitchen....
Date published: 2016-07-10
Rated 5 out of
fromRustic Spanish TileThese tiles are made in Spain. They are large and heavy, and each case arrived in a separate box of five tiles each. The packaging was excellent with no broken tiles. The tiles themselves have a rustic distressed look with a matte, well-worn finish of mellow black and cream. Very authentic and substantial tiles which we will be using as a floor tile in a bathroom suite. If you are considering doing the same, I can tell you that Home Depot's Metro 'Glacier' 12 x 24 Glazed Porcelain Floor and Wall tile is a very nice match to the cream pattern in the Rombos tile. We will be using the Metro tile to do the shower and walls of the same bathroom. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this Spanish tile. I do not hesitate to recommend it.
Date published: 2016-06-08
Rated 3 out of
fromLove the design. Tile is actually 4 patterns with scoring...Love the design. Tile is actually 4 patterns with scoring inbetween. You can NOT re arrange the pattern unless you cut each tile into 4 pieces. Also came with patches of sticky stuff which needed to scrape off. AND they are unsealed and very dull, so you have to seal them before grouting.
Date published: 2018-04-10
Rated 5 out of
fromVery pleasedWe put this tile in our mud room and powder room. I wanted something with some character but also hardy and forgivable. This is perfect. The "intentional blemishes" are quite prominent (more then I thought from online) yet I'm still pleased with the overall look. The only thing I didn't like is that during shipping they put some adhesive/wax-like substance t prevent the tiles from rubbing but this residue took so long to remove. I scrubbed for about 2 hours to get it off in order to seal it. They shipped safely, but there has to be a better option.
Date published: 2016-03-31
Rated 5 out of
fromWe put this tile in our back hall, mud room and powder room. We wanted something that would wear...We put this tile in our back hall, mud room and powder room. We wanted something that would wear well and also disguise winter salt and summer mud. This tile cleans up well and also hides daily grime well. It butts up against our wide plank, light wood flooring and is a perfect combo. Very pleased with this particular tile. (bought a few other samples of the Merola brand and was not nearly as pleased with those as I was with this one)
Date published: 2018-01-28
Rated 5 out of
fromThis tile is so incredibly cool! It's versatile, can be...This tile is so incredibly cool! It's versatile, can be classic or contemporary and has character to spare. I'm using it in a small bath it has such great visual impact without being to busy or faddish. LOVE it!!
Date published: 2018-01-25